COSTUME & COSPLAY CONTEST
Sunday, APRIL 23, 2017 @ 4:00 PM
The weekend is not complete with out a Spooky Empire Costume Contest to cap off three days of fun!
Be sure to stay and take part in our annual costume and cosplay contest. We're giving you plenty of time to get ready so we want to see the best costumes or cosplay you can come up with ! We've been known to award some pretty great prizes in the past, so be sure to stand out from the crowd. Our past winners have been pretty outstanding!
COSTUME CONTEST AWARDS
Best in Show: $500
Best Craftmanship: $250
Best Exhibition: $150
Best Look-Alike: $150
(x3) Judges Awards: Honorable Mentions awarded by the Judges.
KIDS CONTEST - Everyone's a Winner!
12PM-2PM: Pre-Judging Session for Adult Costume Contest
Description: This mandatory Pre-Judging Session is for entrants who have handmade their costumes and wish to compete in the Craftsmanship Category of the Costume Contest. Entrants in the Exhibition Category do not need to attend this session. You will have up to three minutes to describe how your costume was made in addition to showing the judges reference pictures and progress pictures of your costume.
4PM: The Spooky Empire Costume Contest
Description: Costumers and cosplayers of all ages and skill levels are invited to take part in The Spooky Empire Costume Contest! Over $1,000 in cash and prizes prizes and bragging rights are to be won!
COSTUME CONTEST RULES
- You must pre-register and fully complete the Spooky Empire Costume Contest registration form in order to participate in the contest.
- You (or your parent for underage participants) must have purchased admission to Spooky Empire.
- There are two categories you may choose to compete in: The Craftsmanship Category and The Exhibition Category. The Craftsmanship Category is solely for entrants who have made over 75% of their costume from scratch, and the Exhibition Category is solely for entrants who have purchased their costumes and wish to portray their characters in front of a live audience. You may choose only one category to compete in.
- The Craftsmanship Category will be capped at 50 entries, and the Exhibition Category will be capped at 50 entries, totaling 100 entries for The Spooky Empire Costume Contest. Sign up early in order to secure your space!
- The Pre-Judging Session is only mandatory for those who are competing in The Craftsmanship Category. Entrants who are in The Exhibition Category DO NOT need to attend the Pre-Judging Session.
- Entrants in the Craftsmanship Category are expected to have reference pictures and progress photos of the costume they are recreating.
- The Re-Run Rule: If you have worn your costume during a previous Spooky Empire Costume Contest and have won a major award, you may not compete in the same costume again. It is time to show us something new!
- Only one costume entry per person. You may enter as a group entry, but you may not participate in multiple groups. The group limit is five, and no more than five people will be allowed on the stage at a time.
- All costumes must be PG-13 friendly. If your costume offends your 5-year old sister or your 75-year old grandma, please leave it at home.
- Lineup and Roll Call will occur 30 minutes prior to the start of the Spooky Empire Costume Contest. Please be aware that entrants who fail to show up on time will be penalized for their tardiness.
- Props will be allowed on stage, but please do not swing them around in a careless or dangerous manner. Your prop could potentially harm someone on stage or in the audience, and no one wants that to happen.
- No hazardous materials or any materials that will involve clean up or damage to the stage will be allowed. This includes any liquids, confetti, silly string, etc.
- All awards will be presented at the Judges’ discretion. There may be more or less awards given than originally listed.
- Please refer to our Weapons Policy.